Role: Software Tester
Located in the heart of Bristol, a top 10 city in Europe for tech, you will be joining a new team that will comprise of analysts, creative designers, software engineers and testers, that will provide creative digital and technology services for our clients in the South West and beyond.
You will have the chance to work with some of the best technologists and strategists in the business, to shape the future of how we live, work and play. What unites us is our passion for world-class user experiences, innovative use of technology, eye-catching visual design and enterprise-level strategies.
As a tester we’d like you to have:
- Experience of some or all of; functional system testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing or non-functional testing including performance and automation
- A good awareness of the role that testing tools play in the software development lifecycle, the types of tools and where it is appropriate and useful to apply them
- Client-facing experience
- ISTQB Foundation Level certificate (or equivalent experience)
- Test management tool expertise (such as HP ALM)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven technical ability – combined with strong business acumen
- Acute attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and often changeable client environment
- Strong academic record
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Demonstrable experience writing and executing automation test scripts using open source and/or commercial test automation tools – Selenium, Visual Studio Test Professional, Cucumber, UFT (formerly QTP)
- Ability to design and implement test automation frameworks
- Experience in administering a test management tool (e.g. HP ALM)
We offer tailored career pathways
Recognising and developing the many diverse skills and interests that exist among our Consulting population allows us to consistently exceed the standards of excellence and innovation that our clients expect. Six Consulting Talent Models have been designed by leaders across 11 member firms and offer truly tailored career development opportunities. Each model is defined by differentiated, relevant learning, measures of success, and career trajectories that combine to help you realise your full potential and future-proof our business.
As a full time member of the Technology Hub our aspiration is for you to serve our clients in the South West either from the Hub in central Bristol or when required at client site in the region. We are committed to helping you balance the demands of work with your personal priorities through informal or formal agile working arrangements. We will support you, if you desire, to take advantage of the opportunities provided by our firm with clients in the UK, Europe and beyond.
You have useful, core skills in one or more technologies that you can apply in a project context, and you are starting to move beyond the precise practices you were taught, gaining a better understanding of the underlying principles that make them work. You will take responsibility for your own productivity, and begin to take ownership over components within an overall solution. It’s also likely that you will also start to manage and mentor some more junior people on your project.
You will take responsibility for:
- Defining test plans for large, complex or specialised client test delivery
- Leading or supporting client test delivery, ensuring the testing meets quality, time and cost objectives
- Providing advice on testing tools and leveraging them effectively to deliver a successful outcome
- Working with key stakeholders
- Reviewing test processes and practices and coaching the team on enhancement opportunities
- Supporting our industry and proposition Testing leads to develop & implement existing & new go-to-market propositions
- Contribute to Deloitte’s thought leadership in Testing
Please send your CV for an immediate response.
For further information or to apply please forward your CV along with full contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or complete the form below:
Rate/SalaryAnnual Salary: £30k - £45k
Experience2+ years experience