Role: Service Now Delivery Team Leader
Location: Milton Keynes
Work in a world leading ServiceNow migration project. Do you feel excited by something never tried before? Do you enjoy engaging stakeholders, understand their processes and translate into functional specification? Do you thrive taking ownership on an application area and ensure the delivery is functionally fit? Our Client is starting a ServiceNow program in a global scale and you will get involved with the UK implementation of the program. We need an experienced technical team leader to manage a highly motivated ServiceNow development team.
As a ServiceNow team leader, you are the subject matter expert for a number of ServiceNow implementations, including ITIL process implementation over ServiceNow. You need to have solid hands-on development experience and interest in most of the following ServiceNow/ITIL/ITBM functionality/processes:
- Incident Management
- Major Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Service Portal
- Service Catalogue
- Portfolio Management
- Demand Management
You will be responsible for technical guidance and ensuring your development team deliver high quality solutions. You will also work with solution architects to produce detailed application architectures that meet business requirements and adhere to global standards.
Further you will be responsible for developing your team’s skills to stay on top of industry trends, ServiceNow and integration development techniques. You will also be responsible for ensuring ServiceNow does not accumulate large amounts of technical debt and that business cases are challenged around change.
It is expected that all technical solutions will be documented and shared amongst peers to facilitate future support and maintenance.
We are looking for individuals with evidence of interest and experience in the following skills:
- At least 6 years of previous ServiceNow development experience, including custom development, configuration and administration.
- Understanding and experience of Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions and all scripted aspects of ServiceNow.
- Customisation of ServiceNow UI and Service Portal through use of UI pages, CMS, CSS and Service Portal widgets.
- Deep understanding of ITIL or ITBM service lifecycle.
- Performs well in an agile environment with constant feedback and interaction with the team.
- Ability to accurately estimate level of effort/duration on projects and tasks.
- Proven team lead experience.
- A positive attitude and perseverance required to troubleshoot/resolve complex technical issues whilst balancing multiple priorities.
What can you expect?
To overcome your challenges you can expect to perform the following activities (not limited to):
- Lead the ServiceNow team across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Produce detailed application architectures, in collaboration with solution architects.
- Administer, configure and customize ServiceNow applications for new and existing implementations.
- Extend the ServiceNow schemas to custom applications, making use of Scoped Applications and ServiceNow Studio.
- Create and configure functional data such as Notifications and Service Level Agreements.
- Create and configure script objects such as Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Policies and Actions, Client Scripts, ACLs.
- Set-up interfaces between ServiceNow and other platforms in line with integration opportunities identified by Solution Architects.
- Perform system and integration testing.
- Create documentation of the developments, unit test cases and implementation plans.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution
- Take on and volunteer for additional Business Applications department improvement projects as part of your overall team lead responsibilities.
In order to be successful, we expect the following skills and experience:
- Proven team lead experience.
- Solid hands on development experience with implemented ITSM and/or ITBM applications in ServiceNow, including CMDB and Knowledge Management.
- Demonstrable experience with integrating ServiceNow with other 3rd party or bespoke tools.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and documenting application architectures.
- Strongly developed communication skills.
- Strong ITIL framework knowledge
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator
The following skills/certifications will definitely be a plus in your application:
- PRINCE II certified / experience.
- Any agile certification / experience.
- ITIL exposure / certification.
Location: You will be based in Milton Keynes. There may be expectations for International travel for this role.
This is a full time position UK hours 9:00 up to 17:00 with some flexibility.
For further information or to apply please forward your CV along with full contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or complete the form below:
Rate/SalaryAnnual Salary: £46k - £60k
Experience5+ years experience