Influential is looking to build its position at the leading edge of Digital Enablement initiatives. With recent successes across the financial, media and retail sector, we are looking to further develop or position within this exciting market.
We require a skilled Java Engineer, capable of harnessing the relevant technologies, across fluid Cloud-based environments, such as AWS, Azure, and Softlayer to build enterprise-scale solutions, designed to work in real-time for our demanding customers.
Through our work with partners such as Mulesoft, SAP and IBM, we are fully committed to an API-led architecture, building micro-service-based application networks that can scale at the same speed as a modern enterprise needs to evolve.
As a Senior Java Engineer you can expect to earn an extremely competitive salary plus benefits.
Develop first-rate best practice software solutions using Java as the primary development tool. Part of the Java development team working under an Agile with SCRUM development process, the successful applicant will provide a leading role in developing our portfolio of Java-based applications. Expectations of a senior engineer include:
- Keeping abreast of new emerging technologies and introducing them across the team
- Confidently suggest ways in which our products can be enhanced or processes improved
- Champion clean code standards and share best practice across the team
- Actively promote testing across all products ensuring best practises are adhered to and maintained
- Ensure code is maintained using version control with all changes being well documented in accordance with ISO standards
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior team members
- Work with Team Lead in defining and evolving best-practice within the Java platform at Influential
- 3 – 5+ Years commercial experience in Java and/or other relevant technology
- + More
The preferred candidate will possess a strong academic background and enjoys working in a close-knit development environment, that aspires to follow best practice across all avenues of development.
- High-level technical knowledge to allow for “first-level” system architecture discussion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare excellent documentation when required by client
- Affable and unflappable nature able to manage expectation but also purvey Influential’s “can-do” attitude and commitment to providing a one-stop-shop service to client needs
- A passion for technology and the pursuit of software development excellence
- An eye for detail minimising re-work and ensuring deliverables are fit-for-purpose first-time round wherever possible
Java Team Lead
For further information or to apply please forward your CV along with full contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or complete the form below:
Rate/SalaryAnnual Salary: £35k - £50k
Experience3+ years experience