Role: .NET Developer
Our Client expanding their development team to support a range of technologies developed within IT Services and various other capabilities throughout. The team is responsible for the on-going maintenance and support of critical software used throughout.
An experienced software developer who can work effectively supporting and developing applications as part of a wider team. The incumbent will have exposure to a wide range of technologies and methodologies and have the aptitude and curiosity to improve existing systems and recommend new ones.
The role will be primarily based in Cardiff, working out of other offices (Milton Keynes and London) can be arranged by discussion with your manager. Travel to offices other than the base location will be reimbursable in line with standard expense policies.
Based on 7.5 hour per professional working day, Monday to Friday. The role is primarily office-based, with agile working subject to line management agreement and project requirements.
An individual is sought with varied experience of delivering and supporting bespoke solutions on heterogeneous technology platforms, specialising in the Microsoft development suite with the following responsibilities:
- Liaising with product owners to manage the team backlog and coordinating activities with other development teams within the company.
- Maintains systems to required SLAs, prioritising maintenance windows and releases, liaising with the wider team to implement global standards and security controls.
- Contributes and adheres to development standards and controls across the UK firm.
- Play an active role in the design and delivery of CI and CD tooling to automate releases through environments.
- Manage sprint and Kan-Ban delivery processes using VSTS.
- Recommend improvements and refactoring to systems enhancing; stability, security and maintainability.
- Drives continual improvement of technology and process within the team and contributes to wider standards as directed.
- Providing guidance to team members and ensuring quality assurance processes are in place.
- Managing specific aspects of project work as required.
- Advising stakeholders on the implications of alternative solutions.
- Define and develop new systems as required using Microsoft and cloud technologies.
- Work within a product-centric environment to deliver capability within set timescales and measured against given milestones.
- Participate in all aspects of the project software development life cycle including; solution design, business analysis, testing, documentation and deployment.
- Technical design and task estimation.
- Trouble shooting.
- Perform QA and adhere to best practices and standards.
- Perform R&D on new technologies.
- Adherence to ITS change management procedures.
- Experience running and establishing application maintenance teams.
- A technical background in a range of technologies including open source but specialising in the Microsoft Stack.
- Will have worked on cloud migration projects and DevOps implementations for monolithic systems.
- Strong hands-on experience of Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)/Git for the full development lifecycle.
- Experience of secure coding practices, tools and guidance such as OWASP.
- Capable of working in waterfall and agile methodologies.
- MS .Net Framework including ASP.Net/IIS development.
- BSc / Msc Information Systems or similar
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Certified SCRUM master
- SharePoint FROM version 2011
- Microsoft Dynamics
Rate/SalaryAnnual Salary: £25k - £70k
Experience2+ years experience