Role: Consulting & Senior Developer
Robotics & Cognitive Automation (RPA)
Our Technology Practice
Technology is an exciting and thriving area of our consulting practice. We have a diverse practice of over 1700 practitioners working around the UK on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio of clients. Our breadth and depth of technical capabilities enable us to be both trusted advisors and implementation partners.
Systems Integration (SI)
Systems Integration (SI) is one of the core Service Areas in Technology, providing clients with the advice and delivery support that they need in their complex technology programmes. Our services include Programme Management, Solutions Development & Integration (SD&I) and Testing.
Our Solutions Development & Integration (SD&I) team within Systems Integration (SI) is specifically focused on enabling clients to overcome complex systems integration challenges when delivering business driven, technology-enabled change across their organisation. Our specialists help clients in designing and implementing fully integrated solutions across the organization’s own walls, and with its external partners, suppliers, and customers. Our end-to-end solutions encompass technology, people and data; span across front, middle and back offices; and are focused on quality, governance and control. We cover all aspects of systems integration including digital solutions, package integration, custom development and infrastructure.
Systems Integration (SI) is poised for exciting times ahead, given our 2020 ambitions to further grow our delivery capability including into new markets, and help clients with the implementation of large scale end-to-end business transformation programmes. To achieve this, the Solution Development and Integration (SD&I) area is extending its portfolio to include new services, of which a key one is Robotics & Cognitive Automation (R&CA).
The Robotics & Cognitive Automation (R&CA) team focuses principally on implementing robotic and cognitive technology machines to replicate human actions and mimic human judgement, to help our Clients improve workforce quality, speed and productivity. We are looking to grow this high-demand and high-impact team, to help our clients address their greatest challenges. We offer opportunities for exciting and innovative work with Clients across multiple sectors and with leading technologies, skills acquisition, professional knowledge growth, and overseas travel.
We need the very best people to join us and that is where you come in!
Our Robotics and Cognitive Automation (R&CA) Offering
We help our clients in many different ways, including:
- Defining R&CA strategy and recommending R&CA solutions
- Developing R&CA Proof of Concepts (PoC), piloting key processes
- Developing and rolling out of small, medium and large scale R&CA solutions (across the lifecycle of Design, Develop, Pilot, Deploy, Test, Run)
- R&CA Managed Services and Support
- Automation As A Service
- R&CA vendor selections
Reporting to the R&CA Delivery Lead, the R&CA Senior Developer is focused on developing solutions which meet the business requirements. The R&CA Senior Developer works closely with multiple stakeholders, including the R&CA Delivery Lead, Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Developers and Testers across the project lifecycle to develop R&CA solutions. They provide technical direction to Developers and quality assurance of deliverables.
The base location is London.
As a Senior Developer, you will have responsibility for:
- Developing Robotics solutions that meet business requirements
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders across the project lifecycle, including:
- Liaising with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and with Solution Architects on functional and technical designs
- Supporting the Delivery Lead / Project Manager with scoping and estimation of development efforts
- Working collaboratively with test teams during the Product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs
- Providing technical direction to Developers
- Developing program specifications and detailed design documents
- Developing programs using Robotics software
- Configuring Robotics software and working through Robotics exceptions and iterations
- Coding, testing and debugging complex applications programs
- Enforcing coding standards and performing code reviews
- Quality assurance, including ensuring quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing
- Providing primary support for assigned systems and applications; providing backup support for other systems as needed
- Working independently with limited support, while aligned to weekly and daily agile governance (weekly sprints, reporting)
- Mentoring junior developers
We are looking for individuals that will embody Systems Integration – people who understand the connection between the business problem and the technology solution and have the professional and personal skills to make a real difference to our Clients.
We expect you to have skills and experience in the following:
- Developer / programming experience on at least 2 Robotics projects, with R&CA technologies such as Blue Prism, UiPath, Automation Anywhere and WorkFusion, or more than 6 months of development experience in those technologies
- .NET (C#) and .NET framework application development experience
- Proven experience in Java / .NET (C#, VB, etc.)/ VBA / HTML/ SQL) or similar
- Ability to analyse, understand business problems and document in a detailed design document
- Proficiency in MS Office (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) including macros creation
The following will be an added advantage:
- Internal or external consultancy experience
- Technical university degree
- In-depth knowledge of 1 to 2 R&CA technologies / vendors
Additionally, we expect that you possess the following core consulting skills:
- A strong focus on team working within diverse and remotely located teams
- A “can do” attitude – Hands-on & flexible approach to emerging requirements and a real willingness to learn and participate
- Good communication and people skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas to different audiences within an organisation, and effectively engage with stakeholders ranging from subject matter experts to senior functional leads
- Strong documentation ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in fast-paced and demanding delivery-focused environments
- Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
- Professional working proficiency in the English language
- An ability to travel internationally and stay away from home for up to 5 days each week for specific durations of time based on defined programme needs or phases
All candidates must have full travel mobility and the right to live and work in the UK. A good graduate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) degree is preferred. Industry experience in one or more of the following will be an added advantage:
- Consumer Business
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Energy and Utilities
- Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT)
- Public Sector
- Financial Services
For further information or to apply please forward your CV along with full contact details to email@example.com
Or complete the form below:
Rate/SalaryAnnual Salary: £40k - £70k
Experience2+ years experience